The GfA Cap Strip Line is a revolution on the market for tire manufacturers. Read here about the advantages of Cap Strip production:
- Less overlappings/unbalanced mass than in tires based on fabrics
- Production without "Splice". Manufacturing of the rolls from the Maxi-Slitter in the Mini-Slitter. Connection of the rolls after approx. 600 m with a "splice" - consequence: No uniformity, approx. each 8th tire include a "splice" and finally an overlapping/ unbalanced mass (approx. 100 mm).
- By using a Cap Strip Line 3 processes are consolidated into just 1.
- Free capacity on the calender for example for steelcord - less setting period time and costs (steel to Nylon).
- More flexible production.
- A Cap strip line produce "without cut/ lateral cut cords". During cutting in the Mini-Slitter it is not ever possible to cut between the cords. Consequence: Cords can be cut on the left and/or on the right and can even fall out.
- Because of the fact a Cap Strip line work without cut cords; there will not adhere "naked cords" during winding up on the tire building machine. Adhering of these cords will lead to knot the roll. The tire building operators often use then a new roll (cost effect).
- During the Calender-Slitter-Process coating problems can happen on all 3 machines. During calendering the coated fabric will be winded up with liners between (liner fabrics). In the Maxi-Slitter the roll will be rolling up again to re-wind up on a roll with a width of approx. 120 mm (without liners). During the rolling up of that roll in the Mini-Slitter unmeant adhesions can happen (Penetration) or detached layers what creates problems during cutting as well as during the winding up of the calendered stripes.
- Customer statement: "Quality of the Cap Strips shall be twice as good as using the Mini-Slitter-Process".
The GfA Cap Strip Line has following properties:
- Unwinding or Creel as Simple-, Double- or Triplecreel with each >200 Spools,
- KM-Berstorff GE-120mm Extruder with Gearpump and Crosshead,
- Extrusion width 235mm for 16x 10mm or 12x 15mm,
- Also other strip widths are possible,
- All Functions in Extrusion area with hydraulic movements,
- Strip-Pull-off with Cooling section, up to 14 double-walled Cooling drums,
- Loop/Festooner as Single-Strip or All-Strip solution,
- Single wind-up,
- Single wind-up as X+1 solution,
- Semi automatic Double wind-up,
- Full automatic Double wind-up.
- Possible Machinespeed: up to 100m/min
- Production speed: >50m/min
Cap Strip: Bilder / Pictures
Cap Strip, Cost saving for Tire Makers
- Less investment efforts than to invest in a new calendar.
- Less waste of rubber and reinforcement materials (textil, steel).
- Production of cap strips in ONE process than in more than one (cordfabric, calendar, maxi-slitter, mini slitter)
- Steel and wire strips can be produced, too.
- more dedicated investment and capacity expansion via a Cap Strip line (Cost comparison approx. 1:5 pro Cap Strip Process).
- Lower inventory costs: No stockkeeping for Nylon-Calender rolls necessary.
- By using a Cap Strip line just 1 operator per shift is necessary (old process requires at least 3 operators exclusive logistical work between the machines).
- Mini-Slitters scissors/cutters will be changed each approx. 48 hours. These will be grinded or replaced. This will not be necessary at the Cap Strip Line.
- A Cap Strip Line can run with 40 m/min. based on good rubber compound and Nylon cords. (16 Stripes and 20 hours real production). That would mean a production of approx. 768.000 m material. If a tire requires approx. 75 m material, a Cap Strip Line can produce approx. 10.000 tires per day.
- Newest Cap Strip Lines are running with a speed up to 55 m/min.